Friday, May 21, 2010

Couple of things...

Couple of things has been going on in my mind. Please PLEASE drive safe on roads! Follow the speed limits; they are there for a reason. If you are angry, intoxicated or not in the right frame of mind, take public transport. Just wanted to share this with you all, even though you are all wise enough not to act stupid on roads. Split second is all it takes…


Long weekend coming up for us! I am planning on getting lots of yard work done. We are also planning to go picnic to a near by beach. Yeah yeah…I will take lots of pictures :)


Here is the poem which I had written to my nephew, who is due to arrive in this world in the second week of August :)


I have known you since a few months now;
I am so exited; arrive soon love.

You won my heart before I had seen you,
this could happen, I had no clue.

Mommy set your room all ready,
Complete with a big new teddy.

Daddy painted your room blue,
and stuck pictures of Winnie the Pooh.

Diapers they bought in hundreds,
your beauty I am sure exceeds Worlds wonders.

Momma collected books she had listened as baby
you will like them too my precious ruby.

We bought you bibs and mittens,
on which there are brightly knitted kittens.

We bought carefully selected toys
Shopping for you is such a joy!

Oh! Please come soon dear one,
I am so excited, I can hardy wait now Hun.

5 comments:

  1. Nice poem ...

    Yeah split second takes it all... enjoi the weekend ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. everyday I hear about accidents and specially here on ECR road, and I feel the same...

    you are going to be a helluva aunt...

    enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can read your excitement Madhu...Just wait for the time to come to be that Loving Aunty.

    Today's news about the plane crash in Mangalore...so tragic...so many lives lost. Not only road accident's, these days we see so many aircrafts meeting with accidents.

    I feel road rage and drunken driving is the main cause of road accidents...why not the roads in Delhi are choked with innumerable (looks like a sea of cars if you see it from some high place) four wheelers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Accidents do take place and you are right--we must take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Invi, Renu, Gauri and Chowlaji, yes, being careful on the road/rail/air is one of the most important things to be careful about, when it comes to the safety of everyone concerned :)

    And yes! I am so exited about my nephew :)

    ReplyDelete